There are several business trends on the horizon that may be transported in by the New Year. Being aware of these trends allows you a great opportunity for planning in advance so that you will be able to leverage those trends for your benefit prior to the new year rolling in. The following is a sneak peek at what you can expect in 2017.
1. Businesses are going out of their way to attract top talent so increasing the importance of doing whatever necessary to make yourself appear amongst the cream of the crop. The best way to do that is by acquiring as many skills as possible to both perform the job you’re applying for and beyond. You should also be willing to go over and beyond the call of duty, be willing to bring a lot more to the table than what’s required, and to also be able to display your willingness to do so when communicating with potential businesses – during interviews, on resumes or on social media platforms.
2. More and more businesses are turning to social media to get a glimpse at potential candidates before making their final hiring decisions. They believe that what appears on social media sites is more of a tell-tale sign about what’s really going on with respect to candidates. This trend has become a form of due diligence for businesses seeking candidates.
3. In 2017, companies are leaving more towards being flexible in the workplace, allowing their staff members to have flexible work schedules so they can perform some of their work duties from home.
4. Although hiring staff members based on referrals is not new in the marketplace, it is certainly ramping up. It has become a reliable trend that companies have grown to depend on. It not only reduces the recruitment process, but it also comes from a trusted source – professionals within your micro-environment. Considering that 32% of new hires came from referral sources, this trend is certain to spill over into 2017.
5. Another business trend that is on the horizon for 2017 consists of what’s referred to as emotional intelligence which is an area that new employees should consider adapting to.
Emotional intelligence, also referred to as the game changer in new business trends, involves businesses being more open and transparent. Candidates with emotional intelligence are said to have more flexibility than those who are not developed in this area. These results in employers being more drawn to candidates when they can demonstrate this important skill set.
Those who are good at simply performing their job duties are only meeting the minimum requirement. But those who can demonstrate the ability to be likable, outgoing and trustworthy, as well as perform their jobs efficiently, tend to fit into the corporate culture a lot better. This is what businesses are going for and it’s becoming a new and growing trend.
To sum up, top candidates are becoming more demanding and the new business trend is to hire those who best represent the company. Therefore, it is very important to understand a) there’s fierce competition in the job market and b) it’s important for new candidates to bring their ‘A’ game into the workplace.[ad_2]