The cloud technology has evolved from its initial stages of data storage into high-speed computing, in-depth analysis, design creation, real-time reporting, Info-graphics generation, and ERP solutions. The global SME is the key area on which the service providers would like to focus in 2018. The core of the business for the SME is obviously the design and development of cloud based mobile applications in their regional languages. One such example is the cloud based app for the local restaurants. The others are for the travel agencies, shopping malls, warehouses, boutiques, etc.
Key Cloud Services for the SME
· Storage Space: Rental data storage pace with enhanced security is the key benefit for the SME. They can customize the storage volume and pay rentals. This feature is stated to be economical compared to the installation of dedicated servers within their business premises.
· Business Apps: Software as a Service can provide customized and generic apps for business communities. One such example is the cloud apps for the bakeries. They provide electronic spreadsheets for the management of orders, inventory, delivery, customer care, and all the related tasks. The key benefits are real-time data, optimized inventory, reduced waste, and enhanced productivity. It is possible for the business communities to share generic apps with enhanced security. The cost for the rentals is stated save on recurring costs.
· Connecting Platform: The cloud can act as a centralized connecting platform for the S.M.E team members. They can engage in online meetings, video conferencing, and exchange information in real-time. Connectivity between the management and the departments like the marketing, sales, service, customer care, and maintenance can enhance efficiency. Service personnel can directly connect with the customers to understand their needs and issues. The management can get feedback and comments from the customers. Evaluation and improvement of services becomes a simple and streamlined task. The connectivity speed and accuracy will remain the same regardless of the geographical distances between the team members. Decision making, policy formulation and implementation become simple for the entire organization.
· Virtual Infrastructure: Platform as a service can provide high-end infrastructural facilities like the processors, memory, email servers, application servers, etc. The S.M.E having multiple branches can connect with the centralized cloud servers and share data securely. The management can invest net cost savings on growth and expansion projects for the future. They don’t need to rely on expensive licensed software and OS, as the cloud provides economical alternates with open source systems.
Key Cloud Benefits for the SME
· Cost Effective Solutions
· Multiple Language apps
· Platform Independence
· Enhanced productivity
· Reduced workforce
· Increase in Market Access
· Better methods for brand and business campaigns
· Global and local reach to customers
· Transparency in Transactions
· Increase customer trust
· Growing visibility across the social media
· Access to advanced infrastructure
· Scalability of applications, OS, hardware, and software resources
· Customized and personalized solutions for all the S.M.E Sectors
The net effect of cloud technology applications on the growth and productivity of S.M.E can be known, once the enterprises start adapting it.